In this article, we are sharing 15 different ways to save electricity at your home. These are quite simple but are really effective to save electricity at your home.
Saving electricity is really important, stil thousands of countries can’t provide the required electricity to their citizens. Not only this, it is also important to save electricity in order to conserve our enivronment as most of the electricity is produced using coal, which causes pollution and is an important factor for global warming. Therefore, it’s important that we save electricity, which not only saves our money but our future also.
15 Different Ways to Save Electricity At Home
- Replace Regular Bulbs with Compact Fluorescents, It uses less energy and produces much better light.
- Turn off your television, radio and other entertainment device when they are not being used.
- Put lamps in the corner of a room, so that the light can be reflected off to walls.
- If possible, Iron your all clothes at the same one time.
- Unplug unused electronics, yes that saves a lot of energy. Usually, we can see that people keep the charger plugged in and the switch on. That wastes a lot of energy yearly. The same goes with other appliance.
- Turn off your lights when you are not using it, even if it’s for minutes.
- Try to use natural light, it should be taken care while the construction of the building.
- Provide task lighting over desks, tool benches etc, So that the activities can be carried on without illuminating the entire room.
- Switch off the street lights, when they are not being used, you can ask the authorities.
- Use Solar products, if you can. The best way to save Money and electricity.
- Switch off your Computer when you are not using it.
- Change your old desktop with a laptop, as a desktop computer uses more energy as compared to the laptop.
- Change your old TV with an LED. Yes, the old TV uses a lot more energy as compared to new LEDs.
- Be efficient with your refrigerator. Do you keep it on 24*7? Why? The ideal fridge temperature is 3 to 5 degree celsius and freezer should be between -15 to -18 degree celsius.
- Wash your clothes with cold water and over that try to wash your clothes when you are on full load. 90% of the energy used by the washing machine goes on heating the water.
Plant more and more trees in your surrounding, even you can plant trees in your yard, if you have some space their. Plants in 100 square meter of area reduce temperature of that area by 3 degree Celcius, that means Less use of Fans and Air conditioners and thus, you will be saving electricity, and also remember always to use Energy Efficient products they can be costly as compare to other products but they also save your Money by saving electricity.
These are some Simple and basic but effective ways to save electricity and your electricity Bill, Every penny counts.