Mehndi comes straight from Indian traditional roots. Mehndi is considered auspicious and believed to bring good luck and prosperity in life. Usually girls fondly apply mehndi on marriages and festivals creating attractive and gorgeous designs on their hands. This adds to their beautification and symbolizes happiness. Applying mehndi is a beautiful art form on it own. Elegantly and neatly applied mehndi brings out the real beauty of the color and design. There are ample of designs but here we have brought you the 10 extraordinary designs. So, all the mehndi lovers have look and make your pick-
Top 10 Best Mehndi Designs For Hands
1.Simply Floral– This is most elegant design. It symbolizes the simplicity of mehndi. You can create beautiful and lovely flowers of different sizes and shapes over your palm. You can start drawing big flowers from one end of the hand and then paint it in line across your hand. You can also shade for prominent effect of the color.
2. Rangoli Design– You can create mehndi with rangoli patterns. A normal creative rangoli design could turn into mehndi design. Pick up your favorite patterned or peacock rangoli design and paint your hands with it.
3. Arabic Design– This is little different from traditional mehndi. It is filled with more types of color. It is painted in a stem design all over the hand. This design gives an artistic touch to your hand.
4. Folk Design– This is a very simple design that is applying mehndi in circular in middle of your hand in a neat manner. Then painting your finger tips (both sides) with mehndi. No doubts this is very easy but gives a prominent and beautifying effect.
5. Bangle Design– This is very ornamental design. A specific pattern through flowers, stars are painted around the wrist. It is like a string rolled over giving bangles effect.
6. Bridal Designs– These designs are the most loved ones. To-be bride have special mehndi function to paint her hands and feet in beautiful designs. Such mehndi is designed in an exclusive way. The palms are painted with bride and groom picture along with the auspicious marriage symbols including dhol and shehnais.
7. Mughali Designs– These designs spread all over the hand. It is applied with minute details with beautiful designs. One side of the hand could be filled close details and the other side could be spaced with the flowers or your own creations.
8. Band Design- This is another attractive design. A band is painted in the middle of the hand. The rest of the hand is left spaced giving it an up-lifting effect. Then you can cover your finger tips with mehndi. This pattern looks extremely beautifully and classy.
9. Bird and Star Design- You can apply mehndi in birds or stars on your hand. This looks amazing when treated well.
10. Own Design– There is no set design for putting a mehndi. You can always give wings to your imagination and create a mehndi design of your own. You can mix and match patterns. This could be the best design you could ever create.