Air pollution is the process of contaminating the air with polluted particles and increasing the level of particles and gasses that are dangerous for the living being and their existence.
Air pollution is increasing since the industrial revolution and now it’s time to take air pollution seriously as it possesses a serious threat to our existence.
Air pollution causes millions of death worldwide every year and will increase with the increase of pollution in the air. We have shared some of the important facts about air pollution that everyone should be aware of.
2015 was one of the important years in the field of pollution and climate change as it marks the Paris summit ( 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference aks COP21) where governments from all over the world will discuss the Paris agreement which aims to reduce the carbon dioxide and tries to control other facts responsible for global warming.
Important Facts About Air Pollution
- The average human being breathes 20,000 liters of air each day. The More polluted air will be, the more polluted air you are inhaling.
- The air inside your home can also be polluted, For ex- Smoking can be a cause.
- The great “Smog Disaster” of London in 1952 caused 4 thousand deaths in 6 days.
- We are polluting air more as compare to water and land combined.
- Pollutants in the air are more harmful as compare to the pollutants in land or water.
- Inhaling polluted air will decrease your lifespan by 2 years.
- Air pollution possesses serious threats to kids due to their small physical size and lung size.
- Air pollution caused a new disease in Beijing known as Beijing cough.
- Air pollution caused 7 million deaths worldwide in 2012 as per WHO report.
- About 4 million people die prematurely every year from illness caused by the household air pollution from cooking with solid fuels.
- About 50% of premature deaths among children under the age of 5 are due to pneumonia caused by particulate matter (soot) inhaled from household air pollution.
- In 2012, household air pollution was responsible for 7.7% of the global mortality.
- Household air pollution can lead to acute lower respiratory infections in children under the age of five.
- Air pollution causes half million deaths every year in china and India each.
- More than 50,000 people in American die due to Air pollution diseases.
- 13,000 people in England die every year due to the pollution caused by Vehicles and Power plants.
- There is more CO2 (carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800,000 years.
- By 2050, Air pollution will be the cause of 6 million deaths every year.
- Outdoor air pollution is one of the top 10 reasons of death on earth.
- About 3 billion people Worldwide cook and heat their homes using open fires and simple stoves burning biomass (wood, animal dung, and crop waste) and coal.
- The particles in the polluted air are 1/30th in diameter of a human hair, therefore when you inhale them, they easily get through the natural defense mechanism of your body.
- Polluted air contains 200 chemical that is harmful to your skin and can make you look older as per a report by Procter & Gamble.
- Air pollution can cause attention disorders in unborn baby as per a report.
- The world in near future will be spending trillion $$$ on diseases caused by air pollution.
- Delhi is the most polluted city and Beijing is the second most polluted city.
Share the article with your friends, let us aware the world about air pollution and climate change.